Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sarria down day July 15

Please be aware that I am writing this on my iPhone and any spelling errors are as a result of the platform being used not necessarily of the operator.

This morning I got up at around 10 and as Carleana was still sleeping, I got dressed and went for a cappuccino and something to eat.  I brought my journal and my sketchpad to get caught up my adventures.  I was in the cafe/bar for about 45 minutes and it was pure heaven just not to be moving and getting a chance to unwind.   I was so tired from the traveling that all I wanted last night was a shower and bed!

When I got back upstairs, Carleana was up and ready for some breakfast.  And who am I to say no to a second cappuccino?!?  We went back to the room and got organized to go out for a bit of shopping. There weren't too many places open but we found a couple.   We went for a walk around the parts of town we hadn't seen.  As we were walking we ran into some French pilgrims who were looking for directions and I was able to help them.  The woman even complimented me on my French!  Then we made our way to the church of Santa Marina where I lit a candle for my Camino.

We made our way to the Pilgrim store and got our walking sticks, shells and a few souvenirs.   The back to the room and some lunch.   Which was part good and part disaster: the ham and cheese tray I had was good but the fish was in edible and the dessert was good.  And of course a cappuccino.   After lunch we spent the entire afternoon at the table and no one came out to kick us out.  I wrote in my journal, did a zentangle and worked on embroidering a baby blanket I had brought with me.

Finally, we went upstairs, freshed up and went for a walk before dinner.   We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel.   We split an appetizer which was really good, then we both had the pasta with shrimp ( I couldn't eat the shrimp) and I had a creme caramel with a cappuccino (that made 4 for the day which I would pay for as I had trouble getting to sleep that night).  We went back to our room and did a few things then turned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment